Cyber Security Incident Response
Effectively respond to Cyber Security incidents.
What you’ll learn
- Effectively respond to Cyber Security incidents as recommended by the United States Department of Defense, FBI Infragard and experienced Information Security professionals.
- Understand the importance of an incident response plan
- Understand the six phases of incident response
- Know how to interact with Law Enforcement
- Access a sample incident response plan
- Understand the necessary steps taken after the Cyber Security incident
- Understand the steps to Cyber Security incidents
- Know which roles are necessary for the Incident Response team
- Examine outcomes of Incident Response scenarios
- Obtain organizational data concerning prior cyber security incident statistics, if any
- Some technical background in hardware, software, or applications will be helpful.
- Be familiar with ITIL processes (Incident, problem and change management processes) and service desk escalations
- Basic knowledge on IT infrastructure(servers, networks, applications etc).
NEW 2019 Hacking Tools Lecture added! Prevent hacking-related incidents by finding vulnerabilities in your systems before malicious users and cyber criminals with Hacking Tools! NEW updated assignment added!! This course will teach you how to effectively respond to Cyber Security incidents as recommended by the United States Department of Defense, FBI Infragard and experienced Information Security professionals.The curriculum includes, but is not limited to, learning the fundamentals of incident response, establishing requirements, setting up operations, communicating effectively, making operations in place work effectively, legal and law enforcement involvement, training and awareness, etc.
Learn what roles are needed to manage an incident response team. Given the frequency and complexity of today’s cyber attacks, incident response is a critical function for organizations. Incident response is the last line of defense. Detecting and efficiently responding to incidents requires strong management processes, and managing an incident response team requires special skills and knowledge.