First Steps Into Critical Thinking
Critical Thinking is the Lifeblood of the Most Essential Workplace Skills.
What you’ll learn
- Learn critical thinking benefits
- Left, Right and Whole Brain Thinking
- The Critical Thinking Process
- Understand the links between ideas
- Learn to Listen Actively
- De Bono’s Thinking Hats
- No experience is needed
Critical thinking is very important in the workplace.
Why? Being able to think well and solve problems systematically is an asset for any career.
What is it? Critical thinking is the ability to think clearly and rationally, understanding the logical connection between ideas. By improving the quality of your thoughts and your decisions, better critical thinking skills can bring about a big positive change in your life.
Someone with critical thinking skills can:
- Understand the links between ideas.
- Determine the importance and relevance of arguments and ideas.
- Recognise, build and appraise arguments.
- Identify inconsistencies and errors in reasoning.
- Approach problems in a consistent and systematic way.
- Reflect on the justification of their own assumptions, beliefs and values.
Who this course is for
- Leaders, managers, and supervisors; also appropriate for individual contributors in knowledge roles