Introduction to Text To Speech With Python
Make your computer speak.
What you’ll learn
- Learn how to install Virtualenv and Virtualenvwrapper
- Learn how to install Pycharm (Python IDE)
- Learn how to install required libraries and applications
- Learn how to convert text to speech using Python
- Applicants must have a level of Python programming above beginner
- There is no need for mathematics
We are in the AI and robotics era.
Our mobile phones understand what we say and speak. Also new model computers can talk.
Can we do something also?
What not make our computer speak?
In this course, we will learn the basics of Text-to-Speech (TTS).
We will use Python 3.6. A little better than beginner level of programming skill will be enough.
We will study very simple coding examples. But you can improve the scripts easily.
In the course we will use Pycharm Community IDE. Of course, this is not a must! You can write your scripts in a terminal too.
Our main operating system is Ubuntu Linux, version 18.04 LTS. But, our Python scripts will be also compatible with Windows 10 and Mac OS X which can run Python 3.6.
At the last section of our course, I will show simply how to install required libraries and applications and run our Python scripts in both Windows and Mac.
After this course, I will publish a more advanced course on Speech-to-Text (STT). This course will be helpful for it.
I hope I can help you to start working on TTS and STT with Python.
Who this course is for
- Python programmers who want to write their own Text-to-Speech scripts
- Python programmers who want to practice AI from the beginning and want to create their own bots