Master Cake Baking
Learn how to bake delicious cakes from scratch in this comprehensive beginner’s course!
What you’ll learn
- Make delicious cakes from scratch with confidence.
- Read a recipe, choose ingredients, and use kitchen smallwares.
- Know some fun history facts about butter, oil, and sponge type cakes.
- Learn how to mix and bake cakes from scratch including: almond butter cake, vanilla butter cake, chocolate olive oil cake, carrot cake, american sponge cake, and a genoise sponge.
- Learn the difference between the creaming method and the reverse creaming method for butter cakes.
- Know the two categories of sponge cake and why that’s important.
- Learn how to make and store simple syrup.
- Understand how to make adjustments for high altitude baking.
- Have access to downloadable guides, cheat sheets, and tested recipes.
- No prior baking skills required. This course is perfect for someone who has never baked a cake from scratch.
- A stand mixer or hand mixer will be necessary to complete the majority of recipes in this course.
- Some other small kitchen tools will be required, however most of them you may already have.
There is so much joy that comes from scratch baking and pulling that perfect cake out of the oven.
Have you always wanted to learn how to bake a cake that has the right balance of flavor, moisture, and texture?
Then this is the course for you!
This class provides all of the information you will need to get started in the kitchen and on your way to baking cakes. It’s packed full of instructional videos, written lectures, and downloadable recipes.
There are 7 valuable recipes:
- Almond Butter Cake
- Vanilla Butter Cake
- Chocolate Olive Oil Cake
- Carrot Cake
- Classic American Sponge
- Genoise Sponge
- Simple Syrup
There are lessons on the history of different types of cakes so that you will not only impress your friends with skills, but also knowledge. Baking carries a rich background around the world and helps to build an appreciation of learning the art.
Whether you are a complete beginner, want to start a career in the pastry industry, or just want to make your cakes a little bit better, this course will set you up for success!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner bakers who have never baked a cake before.
- Anyone who wants a professional look at cake baking.
- Passionate individuals who may be interested in a career in baking and pastry arts.
- Professionals who may already decorate cakes, but would like to learn the baking side of production.
- Bakers searching for tested recipes that work well and taste great every time.
- Anyone who wants to be a better home baker to share with friends and family.
- Bakery and pastry purveyors looking for new menu items.