Welcome To Game Design – Introduction to Game Theory
Digital, Board Games and Gamification: find your ideal Game Role in the Game Industry while learning about all areas.
This is NOT a Programming course, the Goal is to understand the theory behind the creation of games.
You will learn about many different aspects of Game Design and how they work, such as:
- What a Game is (Goal, Interaction, Obstacles and Rules)
- Types of Games (Digital, Analog and Gamification)
- Game Loops
- Game Arcs
- Game Roles
- Game Industry (Publishers, Game Studios and Indie Game Studios)
- Game Purposes
- Layers of a Digital Game
- Tutorials (Explicit, Implicit)
- Licensing (Royalty free, Creative Commons)
- Game Design Document (+ Template)
- Publishing Games (Google Play, App Store, Steam and Itch io)
By the end of some classes, I’ll challenge you to do some exercises, to help you learn better. They are not mandatory, but they can make you become a better game designer.
You will also answer some Quizzes, to help you memorize what you learned even more.
You’ll also be able to download the presentation used in this course.
This course will help you create a bionic eye after you know how games are made, playing them will never be the same again.
Who is the target audience?
- People who want to learn about the Game Industry
- People who want to understand Game Theory
- Anyone who plans to work with Games in any area
- Humans that want to create a Bionic eye and play games as a Game Designer
- Teams who want to learn how to earn money by making games